Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gary Masters Reflections

Two nights ago I watched ths movie with Adam Sandler, I think it was called Click.(I know, its old and I'm late) Anyway, he had this remote which he used to fast forward through some stuff in his life and end eventually the remote took over. He achieved fame and status and money, but he missed most of his life, his kids growing up, hid dad dying, his wife left him, real sad. The movie had a great ending but it caused me to look at my life carefully.

I'm a driven and goal oriented person, and because I so totally love my work its nothing for me to work a twenty hour day(the energy drink Red Bull really works!). Of late I've been taking off some time in the afternoons to spend with my children, and i've now vowed to ensure that I spend even more. My new workflow allows me to be current with my work, keeping up with all the weddings and get some time off.

Since the begining of this year whenever I have weddings out-of-town I carry the baby sitter and we all check into a hotel near the wedding the day before the wedding so we stay together as a family almost every night.

Life is so fast paced now that families are falling apart from the speed and the multiple demands and stresses of life. Hug your kids more, hug your spouse more, take some time to slow down every once-in-a-while. I would rather be poor with a happy family and an excellent relationship with my kids than rotten rich with a broken family & children out of control.(of course ideally I would love to be rotten rich with a happy family:))

OK i've got to get back to work now...

No comments: