Friday, January 08, 2010

Gary Masters thoughts for 2010

At the begining of each year I take a little time to reflect.(emphasis on little as there are tons of work waiting.) With all the turmoil of the past year(my condolences to Tiger Woods), many seem to view 2010 with some trepidation.

While this is understandable, I feel it is both unnecessary and counter productive. Live with moderation, think creatively, and recognise a higher power in the universe, that is my suggestion. I you have difficulty with thinking positively, read a book on the subject. Start by writing down all the reasons you have to be thankful, and use this as your launching pad for making 2010 your best year yet.

I wish to thank all my clients for availing themselves of our services during this past year. I wish all my brides and grooms and their families health, wealth and happiness as they make their lives together. I wish to thank my fantastic wife for her unwavering support and hard work in making our company a success. I wish to thank God for the health, strength, creativity and other numerous blessings he continues to bestow on us.

I wish to thank my parents for the education and background they gave me. I always had a very stable family life growing up, and I have inherited my Dad's disdain for mediocrity.

I pause here to mention a photographer, Collin Reid, who in my estimation is the top PR photographer in Jamaica today. My mentor in many ways, Colin shares everything, his experience, his trade secrets, his time and his cash. I seriously treasure our association and thank him publicly for all the valuable insights he readily shares with me.

As we move forward, remember that our life is what we make it. Don't sit down cursing your life, your boss, your government or the economy and getting depressed, do something. I genuinely enjoy my life and my lifestyle, my job and my family and resolve to continue to do so regardless of the economy, the government or bad-minded people(and there are plenty of those). May you be similarly blessed...

No comments: