Thursday, November 04, 2010

Now We Wait - Tropical Storm Tomas Draws Near

So now we wait. I bought ten bags of sand today for use in encouraging water from the road to bypass my house this time. They are awaiting deployment near the gate. My standby generator is gassed up and ready.

I have an outdoor wedding booked for Saturday so this storm has exactly one day to pass. The venue looks fantastic at this point.

Personally I feel this will not be nearly as bad as Tropical Storm Nicole was recently. The fact that the country seems to be in the best state of readiness I have ever seen reinforces this view.

I am busy learning a new video editing program as I have gotten tired of throwing money at the editor I have used for years. (talk about trying to teach an old dog new tricks!) This is hard work!

I will keep you updated on the happenings as long as I have power and internet access.

No comments: