Friday, October 05, 2012

Just checking in

Greetings all!
Do not ship your equipment into Jamaica if you can avoid doing so. Both customs and the shipping company will take an unnecessary and large bite out of your wallet. After shipping in a camera recently, I decided to buy a ticket and fly to the USA myself to buy and import another one and found that the plane fare was cheaper than the shipping company! Not to mention the customs duty! Personally I feel the duty structure is crooked at best. How can you charge me GCT, (at a rate of 21%, I didn't even know they had a 21%GCT rate) on an item I bought in another country, where I already paid their 7% sales tax and THEN calculate customs duty on the inflated price? Dishonest is the only word I can apply to that.

Constructing a new corporate website to be launched next week: www.mastersvisuals.com. My clients keep telling me I need to increase my web presence, so I'm trying to carve out some time for this. I'm back at the gym, after a one year break(wow, time flies). Started this week.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but both Jonathan and Stephanie were top boy and top girl in their respective classes last year. We now have a trophy case for all their academic awards and medals. They are fantastic children.(if I may say so myself) I think any parent would be happy to have children like Jonathan and Stephanie. I love them dearly.

The office remake is coming along slowly but surely, got a new credenza, upgraded cameras and updated my version of Quickbooks. Keeping my desk tidy is still a challenge, but its looking much better these days.

I'll post some shots from recent weddings soon.
All the best.

No comments: