Monday, August 04, 2008

The secret of life

I've decided to share a bit of my philosophy with you today. It all comes down to a simple word "BELIEVE". This has worked so phenominally in my life that I want you to try it. The majority of people go through life without achieving their true potential because they fail to believe they can do it.

When I was robbed at gunpoint I complied fully with the robbers' demands and handed over my very expensive 600cc motorcycle. I was shot, at point blank range for my co-operation. I was told by a Urologist rated as #2 in the caribbean that due to the damage internally I would never be able to have children(at least not the old fashioned way). This happened in 2000. My son Jonathan is 5 years old and my daughter Stephanie is 2 years old. (and I got them the old fashioned way):)

While I was in hospital for one of my 4 surgical procedures (you have a lot of time for pondering & reflection when you're in hospital)I decided that I wanted to change my business model and shift to a more upscale clientele. Today this where I'm at. Despite having to close down my business for a couple of years while the doctors patched me up, my wife and I decided about two years ago to start looking for a house to buy even though we did not have enough money to afford the kind of house we wanted in the kind of area we were determined to live in. Last year it became a reality.

Set huge goals and believe, deep down that you can attain them. I believe the almighty wants us all to be happy and live meaningful lives. Health and wealth begin with a state of mind. You can have both if you believe and work in harmony with your belief. Give thanks for the blessings you now enjoy and expect more to come into your life. I do every day. I have the most fabulous clients any wedding professional could work with, I have an amazing wife who is a tower of strength and who encourages all my endeavors no matter how far-fetched they seem, I have two beautiful, well behaved and intellegent children and I have a job that's like a vacation every day. I've learned to focus on the positive aspects of my life and I find it just keeps getting better.

Smile every day. Do the happy dance. Be a magnet for good things by radiating good happy thoughts. Work on your relationship with the Almighty. Be a genuinely good person. Don't mess too much with your hair:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have found the secret of life like Solomon, who at the end of it all, realised that all is vanity if you dont have God in your life.

You are an inspiration! Keep up the good work!

Gary said...

Amen sister...or is it brother...Hmm Anonymous is actually gender neutral. Well amen anyway. Isn't it strange though that with all his wisdom Solomon was still lead astray by women! Ahh the power women wield over us poor men. Thanks for the kind words.