Monday, February 18, 2008

Inspiration from Gary Masters, Ron Dawson, Philip Knight, Donald Trump

Ive been listening to a Ron Dawson CD, he is co-founder of Cinematic Studios, and he said something I thought i'd share with you because it is so profound. It was about FEAR and how it can keep us from reaching our potential. He uses it as an acronym for Follow-Everyone's-Accepted-Routine. Doing the accepted things, the safe things, the things our peers and family expect us to do. If we do this we will never step out of the box and do things differently, we will never take a risk or be different from those around us. Fear keeps many people in a job they hate because they say "it pays the bills". Fortunately I was fired years ago by a vindictive boss who then shut me out of my industry. I'm now sorry it hadn't happened sooner because now I have a 100% enjoyable career, touching people's lives and sharing their joys. Some of us need a kick to get started really living to our full potential. I've driven cars and motorcycles at over 100mph, I rode Jet Skis, I've flown single engine Cessnas and been shot at point blank range by criminals. (thank God I got most of this done while I was much younger and lived to tell the tale, I live a much calmer life these days-I worry about my son though, I hope he is nothing like me in this regard.)

My encouragement is as Philip Knight of Nike fame says "Just Do It". Don't be afraid to follow your dream. Donald Trump said "nothing great in the word has been accomplished without passion". Be passionate about everything you do, and you will be unstoppable.

I'll post some pics from this weekend's events soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm honored to be included in such company. I'm so glad you found my CD helpful and inspiring. And thanks so much for your kind words. Keep following your passion.

Gary said...

You da man Ron.I caught your seminar in Orlando. Its great to have guys like you take time out to inspire the rest of us. I fear your CDs will soon wear out as they play in my van every day as I go on the road. Thanks a million man.